Smartphone App Development: Expert Advice from the Leading U.S. Software Company
How to start your first smartphone app development?
- Careful research
- Specifications determination
- Are you planning to monetize your smartphone app?
- Define your budget
- Select a company that provides Quality Assurance
- Create buzz
Specifications determinationApproaching to the smartphone app developers you will be asked for a list of the project specification. Based on the target audience analysis you should determine what platform the smartphone program should run. According to the app purposes, define its feature set. Are you looking for a productive app for the employees or an interactive app for the customers? Do you need secure data storage with real-time updates? Or Push Notification functionality to engage users? Do you want to integrate Social Media features to promote the business brand? Try to capture a clear vision of the app idea. Don’t worry if you don’t know all the answers, our team will be happy to clarify each of these aspects and help to find the most preferable solution.
Are you planning to monetize your smartphone app?Answer this question before you begin the development process because some of the monetization strategy aspects should be integrated into the application architecture. For instance, if you want to have paid content such as premium profiles, virtual currency or additional content, you should inform a development team about it. The same is with in-app advertising. If you want to generate the revenue from banners, video or any other type of advertisements integrated into the program, developers should integrate AdWords or some other third-party platform that will enable such source of income. We also don’t recommend you to price the smartphone app as soon as it is released in the app stores. Give users time to get acquainted with the program, to see its benefits, to love it.
Define your budgetCheap app development will result in a waste of money and time, and can even dramatically influence your company reputation. For a high-quality application that generates revenue, you will need expert developers who obtain proficient expertise and skills. App development can cost from $10,000 to millions of dollars depending on your requirements and project complexity. Average MVP (minimum viable product) development in our company varies from $30,000 to $40,000. Get a free quote form our company and keep in mind the project budget.
Select a company that provides Quality AssuranceQuality Assurance is a thing that protects your brand reputation. It is essential to ensure that you present a high-quality application to the customers. It should be secure, stable, resist to stress, perform well, be usable - there are many other aspects that should be tested before launch. Our company can ensure that we deliver only the first-class quality. Moreover, our QA experts start to analyze your smartphone app project at the conception stage forecasting potential challenges and using this data to eliminate serious bugs from the very beginning. Following testing help us to bring the program to the perfection.
Create buzzBesides creating an application which has an intuitive and engaging design in combination with powerful functionality, for success, you need to create buzz before the launch. The program marketing should start at the appropriate time at least before 2 or 3 weeks of the launch to prepare the target audience for an upcoming release, and then you can rely on the desired response attracting more users. During the subscription of the smartphone application to the app stores pay attention to the description. People who face the application for the first time will read its description comparing to the others and based on what they read users make a choice whether to download it or not. The first three lines which are displayed in the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store should be eye-catching to make users tap on “Read more...” button.
Native Apps: iOS or Android?
- Pros and Cons of cross-platform applications
- Advantages of developing cross-platform apps
- Drawbacks of cross-platform frameworks
Pros and Cons of cross-platform applicationsToday mobile app development is a “must have” thing for businesses of all sizes. And of course, you would like to maximize the audience reach making an application that runs several platforms. Native development will ensure the most engaging and attractive user experience but will require a high cost. An alternative option is a cross-platform development which will let you reduce the cost and reach multiple operating systems including iOS, Android, and Windows.
Advantages of developing cross-platform apps
- There exist numerous cross-platform frameworks which reduce the development time saving the money of the smartphone app budget.
- These frameworks let developers write a reusable code so that programmers don’t need to code for each specific platform and spend less time on the development process.
- Access to numerous plugins and modules allow developers to benefiting from other tools and services enriching programs with additional functionality and using native features.
- Additionally, major frameworks also provide an opportunity to integrate the program with cloud services.
Drawbacks of cross-platform frameworksYou will never get a cheap and at the same time high-quality product. Cross-platform frameworks have their disadvantages, and it is necessary to make the decision if you are ready to run associated risk. Cross-platform development costs less, but it is still an intensive investment which supposes to pay off in long-term prospects.
- Cross-platform apps provide nearly native experience but still might not support every feature of an operating system limiting the app functionality.
- The program can be slower due to cross-compilation process.
- The cost of the development can also rise due to the design needs. Designers still have to adjust UI/UX design to all the screen sizes you are interested in, so that even if code writing time is reduced due to reusability of the code parts design should be made individually for each device to provide the responsive user experience. Besides, designing for iOS and Android smartphones is different as far as the UI/UX conventions are different.
- Finally, all the operating systems are too different making bugs appearance inevitable.